Thursday, October 13, 2011

Art and Life

I come from a line of writers. My grandfather was a doctor but also a writer. He was much loved by his readers and his patients whom he served faithfully. He died of typhoid treating his patients. His play and his writings are much revered. Then there is my great great grandfather whose 150th anniversary was celebrated a decade ago. He galvanized a nation in times of hardship, and became as famous in his country as Mark Twain in the US. Both their lives were wracked by hardship and terrible suffering, and out of that crucible emerged powerful experiences. It is in this arena that of life that their art was forged, and I am privileged to follow in their footsteps. I write screenplays, poetry, planning a novella and a drama for the stage. I have directed many stage plays, have acted and directed as well. I have a powerful Canon HD camera with which I propose to shoot some short films as a calling card.

No comments:

Post a Comment